Sunday 7 December 2014

Alphabet paintings.

For a number of years now I have been collecting cups, bowls, jugs and plates that depict childhood scenes, and more recently I have been drawn to alphabet pieces. My collection, though large, isn't big enough (is anyone's collection ever complete?) Pieces are not that easy to locate, so I have had to find examples for reference elsewhere. The internet is obviously a great source of images and I have done hundreds of screen grabs which I put on my iPad, so that I can refer to them when I am in my studio (which is out of range of the wi fi).
I have found examples of most of the alphabet now and will be working my way through them over the next few months. I am hoping to cover the whole alphabet in the next few months.
Here are a few pieces from the start of my project;





No comments:

Post a Comment