Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow

I know I'm not the only person in the United Kingdom to have snow just now and I won't bore you with the details, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to show some of the paintings I've done with a snow theme. The first one is a small unframed picture which I did as a present for my husband and we have it on our mantlepiece, it has a lovely little lead figure of a lady pushing a pram in front of it and she looks like she's trudging through the snow. The second one is a shot of my plant pots and Christopher Marvell birdbath this morning and the other images are from my archive of sold work.
The building that appears in the first image and again in the third, is Choppards Mission, a small chapel which is located across the valley from us. The farmhouse in the Robin picture and the Hellebore painting is on the hilltop opposite and has appeared in a number of paintings.












No comments:

Post a Comment